of International Studies
offers Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Vienna School of International Studies (Diplomatische Akademie Wien) is proposing the appointment of a Postdoctoral Fellow in International Studies for two years, from 25 September 2017. Geared towards promoting the professional development of the appointee, he/she will focus on his/her own research and do a limited amount of graduate teaching.
The successful candidate must hold – or have evidence of the imminent completion of – a doctorate in a relevant discipline such as Economics, History, Law, or Political Science. A record of research achievement at the international level, a strong agenda for future research and previous teaching experience – preferably at graduate level – are essential.
The Vienna School of International Studies is a professional school, specialized in the interdisciplinary training of graduate students, and an associate member of APSIA. The presence of international organizations in Vienna makes for excellent research opportunities, in particular for research dealing with global governance and multilateralism broadly defined.
The Vienna School of International Studies invites applications for the appointment of a Postdoctoral Fellow in International Studies. Geared towards promoting the professional development of the appointee, selected candidate will focus on its own research and do a limited amount of graduate teaching.
Duration: 2 years
Starting date: 25 September 2017
- yearly salary (before taxes and social security contribution) between EUR 33.000 and 39.000 (depending on seniority and experience)
- Applicant must hold or expected to hold PhD degree in a relevant discipline Economics, History, Law, or Political Science.
- Applicant must essentially demonstrate record of research achievement at the international level, a strong agenda for future research and previous teaching experience, preferably at graduate level.
- Apply online
- Research agenda (5-10 pages)
- Teaching documentation (e.g. syllabi of courses taught, student evaluation of courses taught, statement on teaching philosophy, etc) may be sent to us by e-mail ([email protected]) or mail (Dr Elisabeth Hofer, Vienna School of International Studies, Favoritenstrasse 15a, 1040 Vienna, Austria).
- 3 letters of recommendation (e-mailed directly by your referees/dossier service, or mailed in a sealed envelope).
|Organization||Vienna School of International Studies|
|Subject areas||Economics, History, Law, Political Science|
|Fellowship amount||between EUR 33.000 and 39.000|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||16 April 2017|
More information about the position